Discrete orthodontic treatment at the D Dental Office in the West Island
Straighten your teeth with our removable and clear aligners from Invisalign® and never hide your beautiful smile.
Consult: 60 min
Do you have crooked teeth, are they gapped? Do they seem crowded or otherwise misaligned? Perhaps you had braces as a teenager, but you did not wear your retainer as prescribed, or you never had any orthodontic treatment. Whatever the case, at the D Dental Office in the West Island, we can help you improve the alignment of your smile – without metal braces and wires.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® treatment repositions your teeth using a series of clear plastic trays made for your upper and lower jaw. During treatment, these splints that you will wear apply targeted pressure to a different part of your bite, gradually moving it into the correct position. This treatment takes on average 12 to 18 months.
What are the advantages of Invisalign® over metal braces and wires?
Invisalign® offers many advantages for those who do not want to sacrifice their beautiful smile with brackets and metal wires:
- Clear aligners are a discrete way to improve teeth alignment. While your friends and family may know that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment, casual acquaintances and people you meet in everyday life may not.
- Invisalign® trays are removable, which is very convenient and more hygienic. When you remove the aligners, you can continue to brush and floss your teeth effortlessly.
- Invisalign® is more comfortable than attached metal brackets and wires.
- More control and precision of movements as each step is digitally planned even before treatment begins.
- More freedom as you do not have to change your diet to avoid chewy or crunchy foods that could damage the metal parts.
- Less processing time. Since we have better control of the movements, we get the desired results in less time, an average of 12 to 18 months.
- Compared to traditional braces, Invisalign® requires fewer visits to the dentist.
Are you a good Invisalign® candidate?
Take our free, 30-second Smile Assessment and find out if you can align your teeth using our Invisalign® treatment.
The process of Invisalign® treatment
The procedure is simple.
- The dentist assesses your teeth and estimates the treatment time, costs, and essential details.
- We then take photos and a 3Shape digital scan of your teeth.
- We send everything to Invisalign® to create an exact image of your teeth on a computer.
- Technicians at Invisalign® virtually align your teeth and send their suggested treatment plan to the dentist.
- The dentist carefully modifies and adjusts the treatment plan to guarantee the best final, aesthetic, and functional results.
- When the dentist is satisfied with the digital treatment plan, he approves it.
- Invisalign® manufactures a series of progressive aligners that will gradually help us align your teeth.
- When we receive your aligners, we give you an appointment to place them.
- We then place small white composite buttons on some of your teeth to help perform specific movements and adequately retain the aligners. It takes around six weeks between the scan appointment and placing the aligners.
Each aligner moves the teeth slightly.
- You change aligners once or twice a week depending on the dentist’s recommendations. We see you every two or three months to ensure everything is going well. So, you are given 8 to 20 aligners at each follow-up appointment.
- At the end of the treatment, when you and the dentist are satisfied with the results, you should continue to wear the last aligner for two months to hold the teeth in place. Then, we remove the white buttons placed at the start of treatment.
- The dentist performs an occlusal equilibration (bite balancing) to make sure they close perfectly together. This step is essential for the comfort, harmony, and stability of long-term results and healthy teeth and joints. Occlusion or bite balancing is included in every Invisalign® treatment offered at the D Dental Office.
What is the cost of the Invisalign® treatment?
Few factors may affect the result of your Invisalign® treatment, mainly the complexity of your case – it will depend on how many aligners and appointments you need to complete your treatment.
In addition, the cost of Invisalign varies depending on how well you follow the treatment guidelines. If you misplace an aligner or do not follow the recommended wear time (22 to 24 hours per day), treatment will be delayed and the cost will increase.
That’s why we do not advertise attractive treatments that are, in most cases, misleading and not accurate at all.
Release your beautiful smile with our orthodontic Invisalign® treatment.
Straighten your teeth in a subtle way and without
any sacrifice with our Invisalign® aligners.
Give us a call at (514) 900-3368